5 Things I Have Learnt About Myself Since Blogging
1. The parenting blogging community is ace! When you walk into a new mother and toddler group for the first time it can be awkward, intimidating, cliquey, I’m not a fan of it to be honest. Coming into the parenting blogging community couldn’t be more different. Everyone is so friendly, supportive and happy to help.
2. There is a lot more to blogging than meets the eye. There are layouts, stats, labels, tags, scheduling, linkys – so much I didn’t know about but I am loving learning about it all.
3. I forgot how much I love to write. I wrote alot when I was younger; mainly poetry probably about my newest crush but it all fazed out as work, housework, family duties came into play but I’ve rediscovered my love for it. The fact I can write about work, housework and family makes it even better.
4. It is addictive. I have often found myself with my notebook writing ideas and draft posts. Its really good to have something to focus my mind on as I suffer from post-natal anxiety. It also means I can write in my Cath Kidson notebook which I have been saving for something useful!
5. I think I want to become a ‘proper’ blogger. An ambition it seems I have only just discovered. I’ve read some great blogs this month and find some of them incredibly inspiring. I hope that with practice I can improve my writing style and attract more people to my blog.
Thank you to everyone that has helped me so far especially all those who have followed me on Twitter and given me little bits of encouragement. This has been a big step for me, especially to write about my anxiety so I am super pleased with how well received it has been.