I have decided to join in with the wonderful Stevie at A Cornish Mum Blog. She is running a linky based around listing 10 things of anything but I love her idea of listing 10 things that you have loved each month. It is a really nice way of looking back over the month and all the lovely things that have happened. I love a bit of positivity.
So, here are my 10 things for April.
1. Easter Bank Holiday – We had a lovely weekend of quality family time which is very precious in this house. We went on some lovely outings and of course there was a fair bit of chocolate around the place which always makes me happy!
2. My Easter nest cake – I am not known for my cooking or baking abilities. It is fair to say I am shocking at both. However, I had a go at an Easter nest cake and it came out surprisingly well. My Dad actually asked which supermarket I had got it from – what a cheek!
3. Little Man moving into the next room at nursery – Little Man moved into Hedgehogs a little before the beginning of April but this is the month I feel he really settled. It was quite a big move for him as the rooms were smaller and more baby centrered. This one is with the ‘big kids’ and he is loving it. We had a lovely parents evening last week where they told us how happy he was there and that he was making friends.
4. First BBQ of the year – Last weekend we dusted off the barbecue and had our dinner outside. This blew Little Man’s mind a little bit but he loved it. It was so nice to spend some proper time in our garden and enjoy some good food!
5. Superworm Trip – We visited the Wyre Forest for their Superworm Trail. Little Man loves Julia Donaldson books so this was a great activity for him. He had a great time following the trail and it didn’t cost us a penny which was an extra bonus!
6. Umberslade Farm – Another lovely family trip out to the farm this month. Little Man fed a lamb and we had a lovely cuddle with a guinea pig. He is at the right age to really get a lot out of trips like this. We all had a lovely time.
7. Putting my pink shoes back on – I have owned these shoes for a long time but they have not come out of the wardrobe since before I was pregnant. I used to wear all sorts of brightly coloured heels to work but have become a bit sensible lately so I dusted them off and wore them with pride.
8. My blog improving – I sometimes find it difficult to fit in blogging time between working, having Little Man and all the other life things but I love it. This month I have seen it grow and my writing style slowly improve. It’s so great to see a post I have worked hard on getting some lovely comments. I can’t thank the lovely blogging community enough for their support.
9.The weather – I love the spring and this month is has not disappointed me. We have had some great weather in the Midlands. It has been so nice not to have to wrap Little Man up in 1000 layers and to get the sun on our faces.
10. Chatty Little Man – All of a sudden I am having conversations with my boy. I love it, he is so funny and doesn’t stop talking from the moment he gets up. It’s amazing to watch his cheeky personality forming.
So there we go, although April hasn’t been all highs, who wants to remember the lows? Let’s see what May brings us. What have you loved this month?