A Toddlers Love

All of a sudden my little boy has become affectionate! It’s happened overnight really and is just magical. My heart literally bursts. Here is how it feels to have my toddlers love.

When you were a baby, you liked to lie alone,

It made it kind of tricky to settle your crying tone.

You weren’t a baby that liked to be held too much,

But I knew it made things better if I gave you a gentle touch.

Now you’re a a toddler, a little boy you say,

I noticed the difference only the other day.

You asked me for a cuddle or a little kiss,

This has made up for all the cuddles that I missed.

When you run to me at nursery just to say hi,

You wrap your arms around me with a happy look in your eye.

A lot of people told me how it would feel to be loved by a child,

I don’t think I ever realised how I’d feel when you smiled.

I hope when you are a lad; big and strong

That you won’t feel hugging your mum is too wrong.

You’ve made me see that a love from a toddler is transparent and true,

So lets cuddle once again and for a second it can be me and you.

20150405_170342

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

Zenas Suitcase

• Linda Hobbis
    22/04/2015 at 20:57

This really touched me. Ieuan is nearly 6 but loves to cuddle. Funny enough I was only thinking this morning about how much longer it would be before he thinks it’s not cool to cuddly mum. For a few years yet I’m hoping!
    Linda Hobbis recently posted…20 Tips To Be A Good ParentMy Profile

24/04/2015 at 19:31

Thank you Linda, glad you liked it. I hope it is never not cool for our boys to hug us 😉

• Jeremy
    22/04/2015 at 21:21

they grow up so super fast. My three yr old told me yesterday that she was always going to stay daddy’s baby. I’m going to hold her to that
    Jeremy recently posted…Daddy TantrumsMy Profile

24/04/2015 at 19:31

Aw how cute!! If only they did stay that way!

• lianne @ one of each kind
    23/04/2015 at 13:22

Lovely words x

24/04/2015 at 19:29

• Misdunerstood Mummy
    23/04/2015 at 20:43

This is such a lovely post. My daughter has started to become really affectionate too. There really is nothing like a hug from a toddler! xx
    Misdunerstood Mummy recently posted…Betsy and the toddler bedMy Profile

24/04/2015 at 19:28

Thank you lovely. I would hug him all day if I could!! xx

• Suzanne - Crumbs on the Carpet
    24/04/2015 at 22:58

Beautiful poem! My eldest (4) isn’t particularly affectionate (and I am a serial hugger!), so it can be quite frustrating when you have to hold back and respect their need to have space when all you want to do is fling your arms round them! Although on the rare occasions he does initiate a hug, it is the most wonderful feeling in the world. Lovely post, thanks for sharing x
    Suzanne – Crumbs on the Carpet recently posted…Spring is in the air!My Profile

25/04/2015 at 13:01

Aw I bet those hugs are all the more special! x

• HonestMum
    25/04/2015 at 06:57

Gorgeous poem, welling up here. Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts
    HonestMum recently posted…5 Blogging Rules to BreakMy Profile

25/04/2015 at 13:00

• K's Mum
    27/04/2015 at 16:08

That is a very beautiful poem. Literally made me teary-eyed because that’s how I feel whenever my little one shows her affection. 🙂 #brilliantblogposts

27/04/2015 at 18:47

Aw thank you. It’s so special every time they do it 🙂 x

• Zena's Suitcase
    27/04/2015 at 20:08

Aw, that’s just stunning. Treasure those hugs. My boy was never, and never became affectionate so I’m really quite jealous. Thanks for linking up with #MyFavouritePost
    Zena’s Suitcase recently posted…Florida Style Seafood ChowderMy Profile

28/04/2015 at 08:59

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. The hugs will come, I’m sure xx