Changing my outlook and Little Man in a tent

I have suffered from bloggers block a bit this weekend. It is probably the first time since I have started blogging that I have sat down at Little Man’s naptime, opened up a new post and not had a clue what to write.

This week has been uneventful. Little Man has had an infection which has required antibiotics so has not been in the best of moods due to the side effects of said antibiotics. When I have weeks like this, I don’t get a lot of inspiration for posts. There are no exciting trips to the farm or humorous parenting antidotes as to be honest there is nothing humorous about a 2 year old with a sore bum. There isn’t much humour in trying to persuade him to take bright yellow, sickly sweet smelling medicine and don’t even get me started on the chocolate flavoured constipation medicine, which doesn’t look like chocolate so is impossible to convince him that it is a ‘treat’.

20150516_121509

I like to write about fun and exciting things that we do, after all this is primarily a diary for us as a family and I don’t really want to look back at the boring antibiotic filled days. It made me wonder if to be a blogger I need to have an ‘exciting’ life, an endless budget to have fun filled days of treats, farm animals and photo worthy scenes.

Then I realised that this isn’t the case at all.

The blogs posts I like to read are often about peoples every day lives. The little bits and bobs that people get up to. When I watch vlogs I like to watch daily vlogs or weekly vlogs where people are just taking us along for the ride; the car trips to the supermarket, the walks to the park and the nursery run. I read somewhere that you should write the blog that you want to read so I am going to change my outlook on blog content from now on, hopefully my inspiration will return very soon as I feel a bit rubbish about my ideas drying up but from now on I will put a bit more of every day life in. The normal day to day runnings of our family and all that comes with it.

So to start us off, here are some pictures of Little Man in a tent in our garden. G is going away soon and he was airing out the tent, Little Man had a ball camping in the garden.

20150516_152135

20150516_151951

20150516_151122

Have a lovely day.

• Alice Young
    18/05/2015 at 10:20

It’s a nightmare when they are poorly trying to give them that medicine. I struggle getting Amelia to take calpol and that stuff tastes great so you can imagine how terrible she was when she was on antibiotics a while back. Hope you get some more blogging inspiration this week but sometimes it’s really nice to just read what people have been up to. Thanks for linking up #MummyMonday x
    Alice Young recently posted…Magic Squares PlaydatesMy Profile

18/05/2015 at 18:50

Thank you. I think the flavours are too sweet even for little people sometimes!! xx

• Mama, My Kid Doesn't Poop Rainbows
    18/05/2015 at 10:36

Great attitude! I post every day and have neither loads of cash nor a particularly exciting life but my baby is pretty inspiring. The days I struggle are the days when I haven’t spent enough time with him!
    Mama, My Kid Doesn’t Poop Rainbows recently posted…My wife may never leave me alone with the baby again.My Profile

18/05/2015 at 18:49

Thats a good way of looking at it, thank you 🙂 xx

• Helen Gandy
    18/05/2015 at 10:50

Ahh poor little thing, hope he’s feeling better it’s a miserable time when they are poorly. I love all the little tent piccies, so sweet 🙂

Helen – #mummymonday
    Helen Gandy recently posted…Being a Mum of 2 is ……My Profile

18/05/2015 at 18:49

Thank you, I think he is ready for camping! xx

• K's Mum
    18/05/2015 at 11:03

aww hope he feels better soon! it’s really not easy when little ones aren’t feeling well. #mummymonday

18/05/2015 at 18:48

Thank you, fingers crossed! xx

• Stephanie @ RaisingEmily
    18/05/2015 at 15:05

I hope he is better soon, Its not nice to see your little one poorly. I hope you find your blogging mojo again soon. Sometimes it can be hard but just write whatever comes natural to you! xx
    Stephanie @ RaisingEmily recently posted…Emily’s 8 month updateMy Profile

18/05/2015 at 18:48

Thank you, I think the side effects of the antibiotics are worse sometimes!! xx

• Caro | The Twinkles Mama
    21/05/2015 at 19:31

Aah shame — I really do feel for you. It’s awful when our little ones are poorly isn’t it? You just feel so helpless. Fingers crossed he gets well very soon. Thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday.

Caro | http://www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk
    Caro | The Twinkles Mama recently posted…Home Etc #1 — Home and Garden Inspired Blog HopMy Profile

22/05/2015 at 19:30

Thank you, he has perked up already 🙂 xx

• Lisa (mummascribbles)
    24/05/2015 at 20:49

Oh poor Sam, there is nothing worse than watching them when they are ill is there? You just want to take it all away and have all the suffering yourself. We all get a bit of writers block at times, sometimes it’s good to look overall and refresh, keep it current and what you really want. Hopefully you get your fire back and little Sam gets all better 🙂 Thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTueday
    Lisa (mummascribbles) recently posted…Tonight a miracle happened My Profile

26/05/2015 at 10:22

I know, it’s horrible isn’t it. Thankfully he is on the mend now! xx