Another month has passed and I am joining in with the wonderful Stevie at A Cornish Mum Blog. She is running a linky based around listing 10 things of anything but I love her idea of listing 10 things that you have loved each month. It is a really nice way of looking back over the month and all the lovely things that have happened.
To be honest, I was thinking that May had been a bit of a rubbish month but it has taken me no time at all to come up with 10 things so I think we can safely say that this is a good exercise for me!
So, here are my 10 things for May.
1. A singing Little Man – Little Man has discovered singing. It is possibly the most adorable thing I have heard. I used to sing a lot when I was younger and it makes my Mummy heart burst when I hear Little Man singing to himself.
2. Camping in the garden – G is off to the 24 hour race in Le Mans in June so has been airing the tents out in the garden. This has been Little Man’s first experience of tents and the idea of camping; he has loved it. His Grandparents very kindly got him his own tent last week so lots of camping fun in the garden this summer!
3. Twitter followers – I am nearing the 1000 followers mark and this makes me so happy. I love Twitter, I love that there is always someone to chat to. I love that people get to read my posts through it and that I get to read some amazing ones too!
4. Blog Opportunities – When you first start to blog you look at other bloggers and wonder how on earth they have got to where they are. Through good old fashioned hard work, that’s how. I struggle to fit blogging in with working and Little Man sometimes but I have been putting the hours in and it is starting to pay off. Look out for some exciting stuff coming up, like my first giveaway!
5. Ghost – I went to see Ghost -The Musical with my girl friends and had a wonderful evening out. The first Little Man free one in around 6 months. It was such a good show too!
6. Discovering a new farm – I am constantly looking for new places to take Little Man to. I had seen a sign for a Lizzie’s Farm on our drive to nursery but due to when I was seeing it I often forgot about it at the weekends! We finally went and had a lovely family Saturday morning; the tea room had the most wonderful cake – winner!
7. Me time – I had 2 days leave from work last week. I felt Mummy guilt for putting Little Man in nursery while I wasn’t at work but in order to keep my brain in order I need a bit of time to myself. It was so nice to put all of my efforts into blogging for a couple of days rather than trying to juggle.
8. Planning my 30th – I turn 30 in August – eek! We hadn’t done much in terms of planning but we have started to put a few plans into place this month. More to come on that soon!
9. Rediscovering the garden – This spring/summer Little Man has really embraced the garden and I feel I have rediscovered it a bit too. We have a step in the garden and last year I was constantly following a wobbly Little Man around to make sure he didn’t fall off it but now I can sit back and just let him play. We have all loved being outside lots even when the weather has been a bit gloomy. Look out for some garden related posts!
10. Pink handbag – Last month it was pink shoes, this month it is a pink handbag. As we all know when we have kids there aren’t often many pennies left over for us parents but this pink handbag from Asda had to come home with me.