An out of the ordinary weekend

The weekend we have just had has been a strange one. G left for Le Mans, France on Wednesday to watch the 24 hour race there. He is coming back today (Monday). As I have said a thousand times G works away every week from Monday to Thursday so this shouldn’t have been weird to me. As I have also said loads of times I have battled with anxiety since having Little Man and one of the triggers was being on my own with Little Man. I have it under control now but as he left on Wednesday I felt that familiar feeling of dread creep back in. I kicked it away as quick as it came as I have ways to control it now but it made me wonder why it had reared it’s ugly head.

The only differences were that G was away on different days of the week and for a couple of nights longer. I think I was worried about how I was going to fill the weekend so Little Man didn’t get bored and also feeling a bit lonely thinking of others spending weekends with their families and me and Little Man being on our own. Well, how silly was I?! The amount of offers I had to spend time with family and friends was humbling to say the least (my Mum even came to do my ironing – winner!).

20150613_151750

Our weekend actually became quite busy so thank you to those people who kept us company (you know who you are). So take that Anxiety! We don’t need you! Little Man & I actually ended up having a lovely weekend, he really is my best little buddy and makes me smile so much. We are now eagerly awaiting G’s return later today. I am not, however looking forward to the rather large amount of washing he will bring back with him, the amount of photos of cars I will have to look through or the explosion of unpacking that will no doubt grace my living room!

20150613_175010

I think it’s good for me to have change sometimes. If you are an anxiety sufferer you will know that change is our worst nightmare but what this weekend has proved to me is that sometimes it is good for you. It gives you a chance to prove to yourself that you can do things without someone holding your hand or your comfort blanket.

Right I’m off to tidy the house so G thinks it always looks like a show home when he is away and it is most definitely him that creates all the mess!!

20150613_084204

Have a lovely day.

The Twinkle Diaries
Best of Worst

1. June 16, 2015 / 11:08 am

Sorry to hear you get anxiety and have had to deal with that. I know what you mean, I get very upset and anxious when my Hubby leaves for work all week. I find myself much more relaxed when he is around. Glad you filled up the weekend, and here’s to more fun times ahead now that the weather is better too. Jess xx
    mummyofboygirltwins recently posted…Why I love a good quote, and how they inspire meMy Profile

• June 16, 2015 / 12:18 pm

Thanks Jess. It is so hard isn’t it?! I find as long as I am busy I am okay in the day. The evenings don’t bother me so much as I have the TV to myself ๐Ÿ˜‰ xx

2. June 17, 2015 / 9:10 pm

Good for you lovely โ€” kick that anxiety into touch!!! It rears it’s head every once in a while for me too โ€” it has NO place in my life though. Just like you, I’m embracing change and giving ‘anxiety’ the heave-ho!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday โ€” hope to see you again next week! x

Caro | http://www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk
    Caro | The Twinkles Mama recently posted…Home Etc #5 รขย€ย” Home and Garden Inspired Blog HopMy Profile

• June 19, 2015 / 7:13 pm

Thank you! And glad to hear you have kicked it out the way too!! xx

3. June 21, 2015 / 5:03 pm

So glad you managed to get rid of the anxiety and enjoy time with your family. I totally get you. I had a bit of a blip this week with my sleeping (sometimes I get insomnia) and it is so frustrating). All in my head I know and it’s working around it and calming down!! Thanks so much for linking up with #bestandworst and hope to see you again x
    Sarah Howe (@RunJumpScrap) recently posted…DirtyMy Profile

• June 22, 2015 / 1:26 pm

That’s the thing, it’s learning how to cope with it and get on isn’t it? Hope you are feeling better xx

4. June 21, 2015 / 7:48 pm

Change does play havoc when you’re an anxious person but overcoming it is such an achievement. Hope G got back safely and you’ve enjoyed some quality time together. Thanks for linking up to the #bestandworst and hope you link up again on Wed ๐Ÿ™‚ Helen X

• June 22, 2015 / 1:24 pm