A Day off Everything

Ahhh the summer holidays, how I love them. I don’t have a child of school age yet and Little Man is in a private nursery so it doesn’t close for the holidays. However, I work in a school! I am a School Librarian. I don’t have all the holidays off like other school staff but I am only able to take my annual leave within the school holidays. Confused? Yes, me too.

Anyway, out of the 6 weeks of school holidays, I have 3 off! This pleases me a lot, mainly for the reason that my house is a mess and really needs a good spring clean – I know I am a month behind but the thought is there, honest!

Little Man will be in nursery on some of my days off as I desperately need to get ahead with my blog posts; since blogging has become like a second job now, fitting it into an hour here and there whilst juggling Little Man, work and the failed attempts of housework has become tough. I will also be doing said spring clean for a couple of days. However for the rest of the time we are taking him out of nursery to allow him a mini summer holiday too.

IMG_20150718_105916

Except for one day.

I am taking one day for me. One day to do absolutely nothing. I know I am lucky to be able to do this and I thank my lucky stars I can. With my anxiety and my head full of worries, I need this sometimes. I need to just be Rachel rather than wife, mummy, daughter, colleague, friend. Don’t get me wrong I love being every single one of those things but I also quite like being just me a couple of times a year.

So here’s hoping for a day of reading my book, ignoring the housework I haven’t managed to do, a peaceful house and maybe a cheeky trip to Costa.

IMG_20150719_141340

Does anyone else manage to do this? What do you do to relax and switch off?

Happy summer holidays one and all!

Best of Worst
The Twinkle Diaries

• Kim Carberry
    20/07/2015 at 11:09

You do so right having a day off…..Sounds lovely! Enjoy it!
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Our Weekly Meal Plan!! – #mealplanningmondayMy Profile

25/07/2015 at 21:34

Thank you lovely, it was rather nice, back to reality now though! xx

• casey
    21/07/2015 at 12:37

You know, I haven’t actually had a stretch of more than 4 hours alone for over a year! I applaud you and hope that you have a great day!! Stop by my link party and share a post!

casey recently posted…Blueberry Ginger Beer.My Profile

25/07/2015 at 21:34

Aw thank you, hope you get some time to yourself now x

• Musing Mumma
    21/07/2015 at 12:43

I’m so jealous! Enjoy your day off. #twinklytuesday

25/07/2015 at 21:35

Thanks lovely x

• Jennifer {The Hollyhock Door}
    21/07/2015 at 13:37

What a great idea! Good for you for taking a day off — I think we all could use one, and more than just once a year! #twinklytuesday
    Jennifer {The Hollyhock Door} recently posted…10 Things I Would Tell My Fifteen Year-Old SelfMy Profile

25/07/2015 at 21:35

Yes more than once a year would be preferable ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Helen Gandy
    24/07/2015 at 15:10

Absolutely nothing wrong with that! When I was pregnant my son would still go into nursery for 2 days and I was able to just chill and tidy and nap! Can’t at the moment anymore because of baby but those two days were amazing for refreshing me ๐Ÿ™‚ Enjoy! Thanks for linking up to the #bestandworst ๐Ÿ™‚ x
    Helen Gandy recently posted…My Happy Place.My Profile

25/07/2015 at 21:37

Thanks lovely, it was sooo needed xx

• Caro | The Twinkles Mama
    27/07/2015 at 15:33

Don’t think you have to justify having a day off every now and then!!! I think it should be compulsory! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I go to Piletes every week โ€” just for an hour โ€” and that’s a great way to centre me and clear my mind. It may not be for very long but it’s an hour that’s just for me โ€” no-one else ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday โ€” hope to see you again next week! x

Caro | http://www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk
    Caro | The Twinkles Mama recently posted…Colour Your World | #13 Pantoneร‚ยฎ TreetopMy Profile

29/07/2015 at 12:28

Thank you lovely, you’re right you do sort of feel like you have to justify it. I might start an exercise class to do every week, good plan! xx