Little Manmy the Doll

I had a conversation with my Mum the other day about Little Man having a doll. He has always been into cars, planes, trains…you get the idea but I wondered if he would like a doll to play with too. Mum told me that she had my old doll in the loft, she would dig it out, clean him up and bring it over to save me buying one if Little Man wasn’t interested.

I have fond memories of this doll. It was one of the big ones that were everywhere in the early 90s. I remember my Nan buying me it and it used to go everywhere with me in his toy pushchair. I also remember someone coming up to us at the park because they couldn’t get over how life like the doll was from a distance.

Then my Mum arrived with Little Manmy the doll. I had forgotten that I had called him that, I had obviously always liked the name Little Man as I now have a real Little Man although I hate him being called Little Manmy!

Anyway this is what we were presented with.

20150705_090733_resized

I did not realise how bloomin’ scary the doll was, what an odd looking thing it is. He now has a bit of a dodgy eye which doesn’t help matters.

20150705_090741_resized

Little Man loves him, he doesn’t play with him much but he likes to give him a drink of water and share his toys with him sometimes and is over the moon that he has the same name as him.

20150705_090943_resized

What I never realised was how right that lady in the park was. The amount of times I have walked past this doll sat in my living room and had to double take because out of the corner of my eye I think it is Little Man flopped over the toy box or lay face down on the trampoline!

It’s been lovely to give something to Little Man from my childhood and watch him play with it but the bloody doll freaks the hell out of me now!!

Do you have anything from your childhood that your little one plays with now?

Best of Worst
Mami 2 Five

• Alina @eclecticalu blogspot
    15/07/2015 at 13:19

This is a great idea! I’ve never done that with my kids. Also, I don’t think I have any toys from my childhood. I gave my boys a few things like pens I used to cherish and boxes but never toys. You made me laugh out loud with how your perception of the doll changed. And the doll’s eye… ha ha!

Alina
    Alina @eclecticalu blogspot recently posted…Cultivating Well-being: 5 Basic Ideas to PursueMy Profile

• Pickinguptoys
    16/07/2015 at 09:13

I remember my Dad buying me a boy and girl doll like these thinking I’d love them but even at a young age I was terrified of them!I used to hide them in the airing cupboard at every opportunity and pretend it was their house when I got caught lol!Cute that your little one plays with it though!The only thing mine play with of mine is a game of Frustation that my Mum bought in 1978!!!xx
    Pickinguptoys recently posted…Wicked Wednesdays 15th JulyMy Profile

19/07/2015 at 21:28

Ohhh Frustration! Blast from the past! xx

• Sarah Howe (@RunJumpScrap)
    18/07/2015 at 06:35

My brother loved my dolls and was always stealing them! My mother-in-law kept books, jigsaws and some other random bits that belong to my hubby as a baby (34 years old some of it!!). My girl has played with some of it. It’s a nice thought passing it down. I can imagine you get Sam and Sammy confused!! Must be odd thinking he is in the toybox!! Thanks for linking up to #bestandworst and see you soon x
    Sarah Howe (@RunJumpScrap) recently posted…My Week at a Glance #14My Profile

19/07/2015 at 21:26

Yes, very odd! Thanks for hosting! xx

• Natalia
    18/07/2015 at 18:11

Ha ha Rachel , this really made me laugh!! The doll is terrifying!

19/07/2015 at 21:25

Hehe he really is! xx

• Coombe Mill - Fiona Cambouropoulos
    19/07/2015 at 23:31

How lovely for Sam to meet Sammy! My daughter has a couple of my dolls on her dressing table and my boys played with my Lego set. It’s lovely to see things being used a second time around. #SundayStars
    Coombe Mill – Fiona Cambouropoulos recently posted…Every child needs a mud kitchenMy Profile

20/07/2015 at 05:43

Aw how lovely. It shows that some toys are timeless! Xx

• Karen (@karenjwhitlock)
    25/07/2015 at 14:17

How lovely that your old doll is being played again by your son. I am exactly the same with one of my girls’ dolls – gives me quite a start when I see it precariously balanced on a chair or table.
    Thanks for linking up to #SundayStars
    Karen (@karenjwhitlock) recently posted…Dodging the showersMy Profile

25/07/2015 at 21:38

It’s weird how lifelike they look isn’t it?! xx