10 Things I Have Loved This Month – August
It literally only feels like I wrote one of these posts last week but here we are and August is on its way out. I have had a jolly good month to be honest. As always I am joining in with the wonderful Stevie at A Cornish Mum Blog. She is running a linky based around listing 10 things of anything but I love her idea of listing 10 things that you have loved each month. It is a really nice way of looking back over the month and all the lovely things that have happened.
So, here are my 10 things for August.
1. Two weeks off work – Yes two weeks!! I spent the first week cleaning (it had to be done!) and the second week with G & Little Man who we had taken out of nursery to have a little holiday-not-holiday at home.
3. Days out –As we were all off we had some time for a couple of days out. We had an amazing day at West Midlands Safari Park and then another one at Evesham Country Park on their mini steam train. I will dedicate separate posts to these days out so keep a look out for them.
4. 2000 Twitter followers – I have been aiming for the 2000 mark for a while now so was really pleased to get there. I know it isn’t many to some but to me 2000 is a bloody lot and it is so nice to know what I am writing is getting out there even just a little bit.
5. Potty Training – Little Man has done a marvelous job with potty training this month. He is dry in the day now with wees and has really enjoyed having a sticker when he does something on the potty. I was very daunted by potty training so I am glad to have it finally under way.
6. Afternoon Tea- What’s not to love about those two words really. I spent the an afternoon with my friends scoffing cake and putting the world to rights. This doesn’t happen much now with a toddler in tow so I really treasured the time out.
7. Blogging Mojo – It’s back!! I lost it a little this month. Got a bit behind with posts and stressed myself out a little bit. I took a few days off over the month and back it came in bucket loads. I can’t stop writing now!
8. My Super Parents – I can’t do one of these posts without mentioning my parents this month. I obviously love my parents every month but they have helped us so much over August. They looked after Little Man for a day while we were at a funeral and then had him over night so I could have a much needed break and some time with G. I am super thankful to them for all their help.
9. Party Plans – I love to plan things so as one birthday goes, it is time to start planning Little Man’s. My little boy turns 3 on the 13th October and we have just booked a hall for his party and some soft play to go in it. He will have all his little friends there and I really hope he has a ball. I am going for a Dusty Crophopper (Disney Planes) theme, more to come on all of that soon but I will say how much I love Pinterest for giving a not very creative Mummy some great inspiration.
10. Autumn – I have loved Summer but looking out of my window now it seems it might be on it’s way out. Autumn is my favourite season so I am looking forward to getting out the jumpers and the boots and enjoying the lovely colours that come with it.