Warnings I Would Give My Kid Self
The lovely Julie over at Picking up Toys has nominated me for her new Warnings I Would Give My Kid Self tag. It is based around what you might tell your self as a kid to do a little differently. Julie’s made me giggle so I am taking on her light hearted approach and looking at the slightly stupid things I might have done as younger me.
To my kid self, here are my ten warnings to you.
1. Don’t go out with a half broken umbrella – It will break on your way home from school. It will not only break when it is pouring with rain, the whole top will come off and get stuck in a tree. You will get soaked.
2. Don’t worry that your teenage crush looks straight through you – I only have one thing to say on this. He is a muppet.
3. 30 is not old – I know this because I am 30 in 3 weeks. I don’t feel old.
4. Those flares are not a good idea – You were not born in the 70s. They are huge and you will trip over them walking up the stairs.
5. Beds are heavy – You will find this out when you drop your wooden single bed in your university room on your hand. No, I don’t know how you managed it either.
6. Driving in a thunder storm is not fun – Okay, well now I don’t mind but when you take the car out that you share with your Mum on the day you pass your test look at the weather first. The thunder storm will freak you out and your Mum will worry because you have pulled over and haven’t got home yet.
7. Inflatable chairs are no good if they don’t fit in your room – You will beg your parents for one and then have to pretend you love it even though you now can’t move in your already small bedroom.
8. Don’t text and walk down stairs – You will fall and end up in A&E.
9. Don’t try and get a tan – You have very fair skin, burning and letting it tan will not work. You will just burn and it’s a really stupid thing to do.
10. Don’t give up your dreams for a boy – Go do them anyway. You will realise this but I’ll save you time and tell you now.
Love a nearly 30 year old me x
Thanks again Julie for nominating me, you can visit her fab blog here.
Kirsty at Something Crunchy Mummy
Gemma at Confessions of a Nagging Mother
Alistair at The Humble Outdoorsman