Pumpkin Craft…Fail

I am not a Pinterest Mum (notice I have linked to my Pinterest so you can see what I aspire to!). I struggled with art as a kid at school. I despised anything arty and crafty and truth be told I still do. I really try now though; I try to do craft activities as much as I can with Little Man. We do lots of painting, sticking, colouring, making random things from the Mister Maker magazine. We muddle along ok.

Pumpkin

So I thought I would try and do something for Halloween. Oh it will look lovely for my blog I had thought. I had seen some pins on Pinterest about painting Pumpkins instead of carving them.

It’s simple they said.

It’s great for younger kids they said.

They will look lovely in your lounge they said.

So off we went last Saturday morning and purchased two pumpkins. I set up the paint for Little Man and set up G with the camera. We did one each, Little Man & I.

P1040347

P1040358

I decided to do an eyeball. Not sure why but I thought it might be easy for my non crafty self. It wasn’t, it looked bloody awful!P1040356

Little Man, started well. Putting all sorts of colours on his until he discovered the black paint. Then his pumpkin was just black.P1040360

Little Man got bored after 10 minutes and toddled off back to his Postman Pat toys.

So I think it is fair to say that I am still not a Pinterest Mum. Now I have written this post I can go and throw the pumpkins in the bin and stop embarrassing myself when people come over.

In conclusion, when they said it’s simple. It wasn’t. When they said it’s great for younger kids, not my younger kid. When they said they will look lovely in your lounge, they didn’t even get to my lounge. They are hidden in my utility room. I’m not even going to show you my finished pumpkin.

Back to carving next year.

Happy Halloween.

Run Jump Scrap!

1. October 28, 2015 / 2:05 pm

Haha this really cracked me up! This is exactly the type of thing I’d do – I’ve had so many craft fails that look pants and definitely aren’t Pinterest worthy. I LOVE that you’ve still blogged about this – it makes for a much more interesting and amusing read than pretty carved pumpkins! Perhaps we should set up a Pinterest board of Pinterest fails?? Your eye is particularly inspiring xx
    Mum in Brum recently posted…Friendship after thirtyMy Profile

• November 1, 2015 / 3:18 pm

Yes I think a Pinterest fails board would be ace, would definitely make me feel better ๐Ÿ˜‰ xx

2. October 29, 2015 / 8:36 pm

Oh Rachel I’m so sorry they are a bit crap aren’t they? Big loves!! YOu have totally made my evening. I am giggling away like a loon on my sofa. This is very likely to be my favourite post of the week. Happy Halloween! xx Thanks for linking up with #bestandworst
    Sarah Howe (@RunJumpScrap) recently posted…Throwback Thursday #8My Profile

3. October 29, 2015 / 8:49 pm

Aaah Rachel!!!!! Bless you lovely!!! Pinterest in a bitch isn’t it? It forces people to try and do things WAY out of their comfort zone and gives us the impression that all these amazing pictures are ‘real life’. They’re not. Well done for trying at least โ€” I bet Sam doesn’t give a flying fox that your images are not Pinterest worthy โ€” I bet he LOVED painting with his mama though ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks so much for linking up with us on #TwinklyTuesday
    Caro | The Twinkles Mama recently posted…Colour Your World | #16 Pantoneร‚ยฎ TitaniumMy Profile

• November 1, 2015 / 3:20 pm

It is my enemy but I do love to look at the pretty things. Thank you, I think he had a good time xx

4. October 29, 2015 / 11:06 pm

I love it! I’ve had many pumpkin fails over the years, pumpkin carving is one of the hardest ‘holiday’ crafts there is in my opinion, and it looks as though pumpkin painting isn’t that much different! Great to find your blog ๐Ÿ™‚ #bestandworst
    Rebecca recently posted…Reasons to be cheerfulMy Profile

5. October 30, 2015 / 3:11 am

SIgh, Pinterest is my best friend and worst enemy too…kids craft corner, more like kids crap corner:) #bestandworst