10 Things I Have Loved This Month – October
Really?! October has gone already? I really need to get my Christmas head on! October has had some lovely times but also our house has been struck with winter germs so that has been tough. I don’t like to dwell on the rubbish things though so I am joining in with the wonderful Stevie at A Cornish Mum Blog. She is running a linky based around listing 10 things of anything but I love her idea of listing 10 things that you have loved each month. It is a really nice way of looking back over the month and all the lovely things that have happened.
So, here are my 10 things for October.
1. Little Man’s Birthday – Little Man’s 3rd birthday was just lovely…until he got poorly the night before his birthday. His party went really well though and Little Man had a ball. He was a lucky boy and had lots of lovely presents. I cannot believe my baby boy is 3!
2. A Couple of Days Off – Half Term meant a couple of days leave from work for me which was lovely and just what I needed. As soon as I stopped I came down with a cold but it was lovely to stay in in the warm and feel a little bit sorry for myself!
3. Friends – I am very thankful for good friends this month. Sometimes it’s good to stop and realise how lucky you are to have certain people in your life.
4. The Apprentice – I used to watch The Apprentice religiously; I was a huge fan but have missed the last couple of series. I have tucked into this one though; had a mammoth catch up of the first few and am now up to date, I love to hate some of the contestants though I have to say.
5.A Trip in a Van – My sister in law moved into a new place this month and hubby hired a van and gave her a hand. Little Man had a ride in the van and for my transport loving son this was a dream come true. He still talks about it now!
6. Potty Training – We’ve done it! Well, he is dry in the day anyway. I am tacking the night soon but for now I am so happy that Little Man cracked it. It has been a rocky road but we have had 2 weeks of no accidents now so I am quietly hopeful that we are done.
7. Blog Moving Forward – I do love this blog; I have talked so often about the amazing things it has brought me. I work so hard on it as much as I can and am so happy to have been offered some great opportunities lately. My blog is something I am truly proud of and just what I needed.
8. Autumn – I love Autumn, I said it last month and I will say it again. Isn’t it pretty? We have been spending lots of time outside this month enjoying the weather before it gets too cold and I want to stay in under a blanket all winter!
9. Little Man’s First Nursery Trip – Little Man went on his first nursery trip this month and although I found it slightly traumatic, he had a wonderful time. I was super proud when his key worker told me how well he had behaved.
10.Halloween – Ahh I do love a bit of Halloween and despite my pumpkin failings, we had a lovely time. We dressed up for our friends party and had a great spook filled evening. G was a generic dead person, Little Man was a spider and I was a bat. I managed to get some bat fake eyelashes from Asda and actually loved them. If I could wear them all the time, I think I would! So to finish this post off here are some Halloween photos.
So October is done. Happy November all! May it be filled with cosy evenings, autumn walks and Christmas plans!