Our Potty Training Journey Part 3

I haven’t written about our potty training journey with Little Man much recently but I think we can finally say we have done it! If you would like to catch up on our journey, you can here and here.

Our Potty Training Journey

Little Man has been dry bar a few random accidents for about 3 weeks now and I am so relieved. I have not enjoyed potty training one little bit I have to admit. Cleaning up poo and wee is not my idea of fun but it had to be done and I am so glad I persevered. We had a couple of false starts and then a total regression but after biting the bullet one day we have been successful.

At one point, Little Man was dry and in pants at home and then at nursery and when we were out he was in pull ups so there was a lot of confusion for him. I think that was my biggest mistake so I decided on one of my days off work to take him out for a few hours, just in pants. I asked him reguarly if he needed the toilet and he was great, stayed dry the whole time. With that success I sent him to nursery that week just in pants and he did really well. From then on we were on the up. He asks to go to the toilet and gives himself enough time. Little Man has just moved into a new nursery room and I was worried this would set him back a bit but thankfully he has been okay.

We are nowhere near the dry at night stage yet but I am so proud of him for picking it all up and proud of me for sticking to it when I really felt like giving up after the hundreth accident.

So there we go, hopefully we are at the end of the potty training journey for now. Look out for our top tips coming soon. Are you potty training?

1. November 11, 2015 / 2:36 pm

Well done Sam!
    Your journey sounds just like ours. We started potty training in July and have only just cracked dry days! We were using pull ups when going out and about and I agree with you about this being the source of confusion and set backs. I wish I’d taken the all or nothing approach from day 1!
    Good luck with the next stage!
    Smallstuffandme recently posted…Why Have a Naming Ceremony?My Profile

2. November 16, 2015 / 9:16 pm

Oh fantastic news. Well done to Sam. He has done. He has done marvouslously. And well done mum for s ting such a lovely supportive system up for him! #justanotherlinky
    Mumisthewordblog recently posted…A busy weekend. My Profile

3. November 16, 2015 / 11:12 pm

Ahh well done!! we have just potty trained our 2 1/2yr old and she also had a few false starts! one day she just decided she was going to wear pants and we haven’t looked back since, shes a real pain as we knew she had been ready for a while but will only do things when she wants to! the same day, we took her out of her cot and into her toddler bed so she even gets up to use the potty during the night! I think I was the one who was anxious and making much more of it than she was! don’t want to go through all that again in a hurry! 🙂

#justanotherlinky

• November 17, 2015 / 5:42 pm

I think it’s so much easier when they decide for themselves. There is a lot of pressure around potty training which pushes us to try earlier xx

4. November 20, 2015 / 9:17 pm

We are currently tackling night training with both girls!
    Well done to your little boy
    Thanks for linking up with #justanotherlinky
    Beth recently posted…Decorate A Family-Friendly HomeMy Profile

• November 22, 2015 / 3:50 pm

Oo good luck!! Can’t say I’m looking forward to night training! xx