Well aren’t nursery nativities an experience?! This was Little Man’s first one and he has been chatting away about it for ages. We have practiced the songs and told him it’s ok to be a shepherd and not a king. Here are 5 things that happened at Little Man’s first nursery nativity.
1. Little Man walked in as a very smiley shepherd.
2. Little Man sat and sang jingle bells with the kings and the angels and my Mummy heart burst.
3. Little Man noticed us and ripped off his shepherds hat.
4. Little Man walked off stage and came to sit with me.
5. Little Man took all of his costume off and sulked in his pants for all to see.
As you can see we started off well!! Some kids didn’t even get to the stage, plonking themselves on Mummy’s lap instead. Little Man was loving it until he fully realised we were there then he decided that we looked like more fun. I bribed him with chocolate coins when we got home, I told him I would be very pleased if he went back on but he was having none of it. We ended up with a shepherd in his pants. It is certainly one for his 18th album!!!
I haven’t even got any good photos because I was too busy smiling at him and mouthing the words trying to convince him to stay with his friends rather than head to me!
Bless him, it kind of made it all the more special. There were 40 odd parents and grandparents waving cameras at all the 3 year olds so it must have been pretty intimidating.
Proud of him none the less!!
What happened at your kids first nativity?