5 Things That Happened at the Nursery Nativity

Well aren’t nursery nativities an experience?! This was Little Man’s first one and he has been chatting away about it for ages. We have practiced the songs and told him it’s ok to be a shepherd and not a king. Here are 5 things that happened at Little Man’s first nursery nativity.

5 things that happened at the nursery nativity

1. Little Man walked in as a very smiley shepherd.
2. Little Man sat and sang jingle bells with the kings and the angels and my Mummy heart burst.
3. Little Man noticed us and ripped off his shepherds hat.
4. Little Man walked off stage and came to sit with me.
5. Little Man took all of his costume off and sulked in his pants for all to see.

As you can see we started off well!! Some kids didn’t even get to the stage, plonking themselves on Mummy’s lap instead. Little Man was loving it until he fully realised we were there then he decided that we looked like more fun. I bribed him with chocolate coins when we got home, I told him I would be very pleased if he went back on but he was having none of it. We ended up with a shepherd in his pants. It is certainly one for his 18th album!!!

I haven’t even got any good photos because I was too busy smiling at him and mouthing the words trying to convince him to stay with his friends rather than head to me!

Bless him, it kind of made it all the more special. There were 40 odd parents and grandparents waving cameras at all the 3 year olds so it must have been pretty intimidating.

Proud of him none the less!!

What happened at your kids first nativity?

Run Jump Scrap!
Mr and Mrs T Plus Three

• Sam Kersley
    16/12/2015 at 11:18

Aw what a great 1st nativity I think it’s stuff like that, that makes them even better.
    #bestandworst

• Sam Kersley
    16/12/2015 at 11:22

what a lovely 1st nativity. and what memories you’ll have great for future partners. lol #best and worst

19/12/2015 at 16:44

Hehe that’s what I thought too 😉 xx

• Kim Carberry
    16/12/2015 at 12:46

Aww! Bless him…..it sounds like you enjoyed it. A memory to treasure….
    In my youngest girls first nativity she fell asleep….lol Even with everyone singing around her.
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Christmas Foodie Creations from Tesco!My Profile

19/12/2015 at 16:45

Aw bless her, how cute! xx

• Silly Mummy
    16/12/2015 at 13:06

Haha! Bless him! Not got to Nativity stage yet with mine, but I used to help out with these things at my mum’s infant school – always hilarious. #bestandworst Happy Christmas!
    Silly Mummy recently posted…How to (Not) Make Christmas Cards With a Toddler and a Baby*My Profile

19/12/2015 at 16:45

Hehe they are crazy! xx

• Pickinguptoys
    16/12/2015 at 14:00

Aww bless!Their nativity’s for some reason always make me really emotional and I sit there with tears streaming down my face even when it goes wrong or is funny.Never quite goes to plan does it lol!I did have a giggle at your story,sorry! xx
    Pickinguptoys recently posted…Infruition Kids Water Bottle ReviewMy Profile

19/12/2015 at 16:45

Oh I know, these things are terrible for the emotions! xx

• Charlene
    17/12/2015 at 00:00

This is the cutest thing I’ve heard. I remember my mum used to hide to stop us absconding.
    Charlene recently posted…Get Ready for Project PostnatalMy Profile

19/12/2015 at 16:46

I think I will be doing the same next year! x

• Caroline (Becoming a SAHM)
    18/12/2015 at 07:53

Aww it started so well! Haha bless him. Our Monkey sulked and cried from the get go but after some concerted face pulling from Mummy and Daddy in the audience he eventually cracked a smile and joined in a few of the hand movements at the end so we were proud of him… but I can’t help that 3 is maybe a bit young as so many of the kids were unsettled about the change in routine and performing in front of so many people!! #bestandworst
    Caroline (Becoming a SAHM) recently posted…Is it all a bit too much?My Profile

19/12/2015 at 16:46

Yes to be honest I thought the same about the age! It’s a lot for them! xx

• Something Crunchy Mummy
    18/12/2015 at 17:02

Oh bless him! My two did the same, they said during practise the joined in but as soon as they saw us that was it. I too have no photos. #bestandworst xx
    Something Crunchy Mummy recently posted…The A – Z Of MeMy Profile

19/12/2015 at 16:47

Hiding next year for us both then 😉 xx

• Jayne @ Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs
    19/12/2015 at 20:03

My little man was the same, I do think it’s a lot of pressure for little ones.
    I’m sure he made an awesome Shepherd even if it was just in his pants bless! x 🙂
    Jayne @ Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs recently posted…Excited – Word of the WeekMy Profile

31/12/2015 at 16:57

Hehe thank you 🙂 xx

• Naomi
    22/12/2015 at 13:23

Ha ha! It was Ben’s first nativity too, he was also a shepherd. His costume was like a dress, so he flashed his pants at everyone. He also looked incredibly young sitting on stage with his preschool friends. Definitely a heart-melting moment.

31/12/2015 at 16:59

Aw bless him, sam looked very little too! xx

• Sarah Howe (@RunJumpScrap)
    29/12/2015 at 13:25

Bahaha it all started so well!! So funny and so cute. At least he did his role for a little bit! My little one just sat there and didn’t sing a word – she was overwhelmed. Ooops. Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst and see you soon x
    Sarah Howe (@RunJumpScrap) recently posted…My Christmas….My Profile

31/12/2015 at 16:59

Aw bless her. It must be scary with everyone looking with their cameras out! xx

• You Baby Me Mummy
    31/12/2015 at 17:19

Ha ha brilliant! Baby stayed on the stage which surprised me but she sat with her teacher and after every song asked her “finished?’ and sat there yawning 🙂 Thanks for linking up to #TheList x

02/01/2016 at 10:56

Aw bless her!! They’re so funny xx

• Melanie
    14/01/2018 at 23:11

Brilliant post ❤️ I have a fantastic picture of my daughter as the angel Gabriel at her nursery nativity with her finger well and truly rammed up her nostril boggle hunting She cringes even now at 13 so will be fantastic when her 18th comes round !

Melanie | http://www.frasersfunhouse.com