My Top 10 Posts in 2015
I have noticed a lot of bloggers doing their round ups for the year. I love this idea but as I have only been blogging for a year, I don’t have much to compare things with. So instead, I thought I would share with you some of most read posts of 2015 and why I love them too. I published 194 posts last year which with a high maintenance toddler & a part time job I am pretty pleased about. So here we go, my top 10.
- Post-natal Anxiety & Me – Having A 2nd Child – This was a post very close to my heart. I talk about my battle with myself when deciding whether to have a second child or not. It is all based around my anxiety and if I could risk feeling like that with a baby and Little Man. I had some really lovely comments from people who had done it again and got through it; such a comfort to me.
- Post-natal Anxiety & Me – My Experience – This was my very first post about post-natal anxiety and I cant tell you how scary it was putting it out there. It so worth it though, the reaction I had was more than I ever could have imagined and it was then I realised that I was doing this for not only me but other Mums in the same position.
- Naptime Is On It’s Way Out – I think this post was one of the most popular due to us all having been there. Naptime was my time to get everything done and at the time of writing it I had no idea how I was going to fit everything in when Little Man completely stopped napping. We are a fair few months on now and lo and behold I have managed to fit everything in. I do still miss naptime though; some days can be very long!
- 5 Ways To Get Through Having A Husband That Works Away – I wrote this post to help others that may have a partner that works away. I really enjoyed sharing all of the things I had found out (the hard way) along the journey of parenting on my own every week.
- Post-natal Anxiety & Me – My Anxiety & My Husband – This was a really special post to write for me dedicated to G who had seen me through anxiety and got me through to the other side.
- To the People Who Stared At Us Today – I wrote this post after a horrible time at the shops. It was a vent post really; a way for me to get it out of my system. However, it seems so many of us have been in the same position and it was great to hear other peoples comments on how to deal with it.
- Break-up Letter – I loved writing this post. It was my break up with anxiety. It was at this point I decided I was taking back control and although I couldn’t get rid of it, I was going to stop letting it rule me.
- Comparing Ourselves To Social Media – We all do it don’t we? In this post I talk about how we do only see a snapshot of someones day on social media and it is only to be taken with a pinch of salt. It is not the true picture.
- Interview – How To Get Our Kids Into Gardening – This post was written in collaboration with a close friend of mine. We talk about the benefits of getting our kids outside and in the garden.
- Post-natal Anxiety & Me – I’m Sorry – We started with an anxiety post and ended with one. This was my apology and my thanks letter to my nearest and dearest.
So there we are, my top 10! I am so pleased with them and really pleased that my Post-natal Anxiety & Me series dominates the list. My anxiety was my initial reason for starting my blog, to give myself a place to get all my feelings down and out of my head.
Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to stop by and read a post or two. Here’s to the next 100+ posts.
Happy New Year