10 Things I Have Loved This Month – January
I’m a little bit late with this post as I had a little break last week so here we are a week into February already!! January wasn’t the best to be honest, I’m not a fan of January anyway but this one felt like a slog. Anyway, here we are again and I am joining in with the wonderful Stevie at A Cornish Mum Blog. She is running a linky based around listing 10 things of anything but I love her idea of listing 10 things that you have loved each month. It is a really nice way of looking back over the month and all the lovely things that have happened especially when it hasn’t been a great one.
So, here are my 10 things for January.
1. New year, new start – I felt quite positive at the beginning of the month; lots of plans for my blog especially. I have been a bit flat this month admittedly but am going to try and pep myself up for February instead!
2. Being in a magazine – I took part in a debate about whether modern technology is good or bad for relationships. I was in the ‘no’ team, explaining that modern technology helped to keep G in the loop when he is away from home. It was in Candis magazine if anyone subscribes to it. I really enjoyed taking part, however they did get my age wrong and put 5 years on me!
3. My 1st blog birthday – My little corner of the Internet has been going for 1 year now. As I have said a million times I love to blog and by doing a year of it I really feel like I have achieved something quite special.
4. From My Bookshelf – I decided to start the new year with a new series on the blog so From My Bookshelf was born. I love to read for pleasure and for my job as a Librarian so I thought I would share some of the books I enjoy.
5. Nursery – I have had some really good feedback about Little Man at nursery recently so I am in proud mode. He has been doing really well with his counting and also at holding a pencil correctly ready to start writing. So proud but also can’t believe he is old enough to start doing these sorts of activities.
6. Snow – We only had the smallest scattering of snow in the West Midlands but it was enough to get our wellies on and head up the Lickey Hills for a play in it. The last couple of winters have been snowless so it was lovely to see Little Man enjoying it.
7. 3500 Twitter Followers – I hit this milestone at the end of January and am so chuffed with it. I don’t spend as much time on social media as I would like to due to time but really glad people have taken the time to stop by and follow me. 4000 next!
8. Me Before You – This is related to my From My Bookshelf point really but sometimes you read a book and it changes things for you. This book by Jojo Moyes did just that for me. It changed how I thought about things. You can read my review here; if you can get hold of a copy of this book I urge you to read it.
9. Routine – I am a big fan of having a routine for us in our house. As much as I really enjoyed the Christmas break it was nice to get back into some sort of routine. Little Man is so much more settled for it.
10.Getting through it – Sometimes it is worth patting yourself on the back just for getting through a month. This is one of those so I’m glad to be at the end of it!
So January is done. Happy February all! May it be filled with valentines wishes and pancake eating!