But Why Mummy, Why?

Since Little Man has turned 3 he has been using the word ‘why’ more and more. It doesn’t matter what I say, he asks me why. Why don’t the horses have coats for the rain? Why does he need to hurry up? Why, why why! I love how inquisitive he is but sometimes I just don’t have the answers!! I wrote a little poem about it. Let me know if you know what I’m talking about!

Why Mummy Why

Why Mummy Why?

Why Mummy why, do I need shoes to wear?

Because my darling, if you don’t people will stare.

Why Mummy why, must I sit still?

Because my sweet, you haven’t stopped fidgiting & I’ve had my fill.

Why Mummy why, do I have to get dressed?

Because my love, I’m late and about to be stressed.

Why Mummy why, do I have to learn to share?

Because my cherub, it is only fair.

Why Mummy why, must I have a bath?

Because my angel, teaching you to wash is putting you on the right path.

Why Mummy why, can’t I stay up late?

Because my ducky, if you don’t I may become irate.

Why Mummy why, can’t I keep saying no?

Because to be honest my lamb, I bloody said so.

20160125_105743

Run Jump Scrap!

1. February 10, 2016 / 10:08 am

HAHAHA this is SO true and I can SO relate! This made me chuckle, hehe. #BestAndWorst
    Sarah recently posted…The best & worst lately.My Profile

2. February 10, 2016 / 10:10 am

Love this, sounds like my little boy! (3 in April) x

3. February 10, 2016 / 3:10 pm

I just kept telling myself that it was a sign of intelligence. Doesn’t make it any less exhausting though

4. February 10, 2016 / 7:53 pm

Haha…..I remember this stage!! I think I wrote a post on it a while ago….the word why gets very dull after a while doesn’t it! Thanks for linking up #bestandworst
    helen gandy recently posted…Best and Worst Linky #37My Profile

5. February 10, 2016 / 7:57 pm

Aww I’m right with you!My 3 year old wants to know why for absolutely everything.I cringe when they ask about someone on the street loud enough for them to hear like “why has that lady got blue hair?That’s silly” arghhh x
    Pickinguptoys recently posted…Wet and Windy School Runs are Rubbish!My Profile

• February 24, 2016 / 9:38 am

Eek I know…if only we could put a filter on them 😉 xx

6. February 10, 2016 / 9:54 pm

Love the poem! &, yes, we get the whys from the 2 year old (& constant ‘where’s’ from the little one!) #bestandworst

7. February 12, 2016 / 9:35 am

So true. And then you say, “Because I said so …!”

8. February 17, 2016 / 7:36 am

Ha I love that last bit 😉 The whys used to drive me mad after a while, but I love how their little heads are so keen on absorbing and knowing everything…. just thank god for Google so you can check some of the answers 😉

Stevie x x
    A Cornish Mum recently posted…Celebrating the Small ThingsMy Profile

• February 24, 2016 / 9:41 am

I know it is a pull between being glad they want to know everything and it driving you slightly mad! xx