10 Things I Have Loved This Month – April
I have a been a bit all over the place with my blog recently, finding out you are having twins does that to you! Anyway, I have missed a couple of these 10 Things posts. I have missed them though, so I am back with a post for April. April has certainly been an up and down month! As always I am joining in with the wonderful Stevie at A Cornish Mum Blog. She is running a linky based around listing 10 things of anything but I love her idea of listing 10 things that you have loved each month. It is a really nice way of looking back over the month and all the lovely things that have happened especially when it hasn’t been a great one.
So, here are my 10 things for April.
1. Coventry Transport Museum – We took a trip to the Coventry Transport Museum at the beginning of the month. Considering it is only half an hours drive from us we had never been. We had a lovely time; both G and Little Man were in car heaven! I will be sharing some more photos from our trip here later in the week so look out for that if you are looking for a free day out in the Midlands.
2. Easter Holidays – I was able to take some time off over the school Easter holidays which was much needed with the onset of pregnancy tiredness. I spent a couple of days doing not much and enjoying not having to rush around for work. Bring on the next one!
3. 12 Week Scan – This of course was a huge highlight of my month. Seeing both my babies wriggling around in my tummy was just magical. I still can’t quite believe we are having twins. You can read more about the scan here.
4. An Excited Little Man – We have officially told Little Man now he is going to be a big brother. Instead of making a big announcement of it, we decided to bring in the idea gradually. He has reacted really well to it and it has just become quite normal to him that there are two babies in Mummy’s tummy. He asks lots of questions and is getting very excited. It is so nice to talk to him about it and get him prepared for the big changes ahead!
5. Making Plans for the Twins – Once the 12 week scan was over we started to make some serious baby plans. We have written lists of things to buy; obviously we have a lot from Little Man’s baby days but there are some things we need to double up on and other things we want to buy new. We are also getting Little Man new bedroom furniture so we can use his nursery furniture. He has decided on a Lightening Mcqueen bedroom so look out for photos of that soon!
6. Getting Through The Days – I am plagued with morning sickness at the moment so sometimes I like to give myself a pat on the back for getting through the day. Work is especially tricky but it feels like an achievement when I get to Friday afternoon!
7. Rediscovering Our Local Park – By the time the end of the summer comes you can often find yourself getting a bit bored with all the usual parks but after a little winter break from our local one we have rediscovered it. With Little Man being a bit older he is enjoying being able to ride his bike around this year and also has a huge fascination with the ducks and feeding them. I think we will be spending lots of time (and money on ice cream) there this summer.
8. My Friends – This pregnancy has been hard on me lately but I am super grateful for my friends support. From being at the end of the phone when I have needed a moan, to being a shoulder to cry on or offering to bring me groceries in so I don’t have to venture out and even keeping Little Man entertained so I can keep still for a while. They have been super and I am a lucky lady.
9. Bacon Sandwiches – Pregnancy craving. Say no more.
10. Getting Back Into The Garden – With the weather being slightly dryer we have been back out in the garden. Little Man has been enjoying outdoor chalks and drawing roads on the patio to run his cars up and down. He has also been taking lawn mowing lessons from Daddy!