10 Things I Have Loved This Month – July
Okay so the last post I did for this series was April…eek! Send me to the blogging jail right now! My twin pregnancy has put me all over the place with blogging but I am here to try once more with my 10 things for July. As always I am joining in with the wonderful Stevie at A Cornish Mum Blog. She is running a linky based around listing 10 things of anything but I love her idea of listing 10 things that you have loved each month. It is a really nice way of looking back over the month and all the lovely things that have happened especially when it hasn’t been a great one.
This pregnancy has really slowed me down so this post is very homely as I haven’t been out doing very much; here are my 10 things for July.
1. Preparing for the Twins – We are in full baby preparing mode now. We wrote a list, freaked out about how much it would all cost and have now got it all including a gigantic pushchair! Everything is still a bit all over the place but I am hoping to start nesting a bit once I have finished work. Buying for twins has been a whole new experience but so much fun!!
2. Finishing Work – At the time of this publishing I will have 2 days of work left, however they are very chilled days due to me working in a school and it now being the summer holidays! In one way I don’t feel ready to be finishing work so early but then on the other hand physically I am starting to struggle and the rest will be welcomed. Let the nesting commence!
3. Little Man’s Sense of Humour – Little Man has always been a bit cheeky with a glint in his eye but over the last couple of months he has really started to understand humour and he is so funny! His nonsensical jokes are so bad they are funny!
4. An Excited Little Man – I have had a lot of warnings about watching out for signs of Little Man being jealous of the twins when they arrive and I will of course be on high alert for them as I never want him to feel left out. However, so far so good. He is so excited to become a big brother and has taken a really active role in the set up for them. He has helped Daddy lay the carpet in the nursery, he has helped build bouncers and chosen special soft toys just from him. He has even helped me pack my hospital bag. It’s amazing to watch.
5. Getting Organised – I am a Librarian so organised is my second name however after a trip to Ikea I think I may have taken it to a new level. I now have a whiteboard in my kitchen. I figured going from a family of 3 to a family of 5 would need more organising space than a calendar so now I have all the space I need for lists and of course nagging messages to G.
6. Blogging- Since suffering from morning sickness I have been in and out of blogging which has made me sad but I just didn’t have the energy for it to be as time consuming as it used to be. I have started to feel the old blogging mojo kicking in though and am looking forward to having a bit of time between finishing work and the babies coming to really get writing again. I have missed it.
7. Bananas & Custard- Yet another pregnancy craving. I eat so much of it I couldn’t leave it out of this list! Thank goodness they do low fat custard!
8. Flip Flops – I have very swollen feet and I am so grateful for flip flops. Random I know, but these things mean a lot to a pregnant lady!
9. Summer Days – When the heatwave struck last week I have to admit at 27 weeks pregnant with a rather large twinny bump I struggled in the heat. I still enjoyed it too though, it was so nice to get Little Man out in the garden and in the paddling pool. He loves water so he had an absolutely blast playing in it. As I write this the weather is back to grey and miserable so here’s hoping for a bit more sun soon!
10. Friends – I think I mentioned friends in my last post but I have to again because without my very close friends I would not have got through the last few months and for that I shall be eternally grateful to them. I am excited to be spending some time with them at my baby shower soon!!!