Christmas Gift Guide for Preschooler
The mince pies, Christmas cards, gifts, Christmas puddings, they’re all in the shops. It’s time. It’s time to start writing those lists, planning the big day, oh I love it. Christmas is so lovely with kids too so over the next few days I will be sharing two Christmas Gift Guides with you; one for preschoolers like my Little Man and one for babies like my Little Lady.
Today’s gift guide is for preschoolers. I have tried to go quite varied with these as you will see I am a fan of book type presents and activity based ones too. Kids get so many toys at Christmas so I thought I would go a bit more educational. I hope you like them! Lets get stuck in.
- Grufalo Children’s Garden Tool Bag – This great little gift is perfect for any budding gardeners. My little man loves doing the gardening with his Grandad and would love some tools of his own. This is perfect for that and the fact it is Gruffalo themed makes it extra special. You can find this in Homebase for £14.99.
- Disney Pixar Finding Dory Essential Collection – One of the most popular kids film of this year in the form of a gift is a winner for most little people. This collection from DK comes with two books; one full of Finding Dory facts and a sticker activity book. The books are held together in a very cool case which lights up too! Kids can make their own little under water scenes with it. A perfect gift at £14.99 for a bit of quiet time over Christmas. (Disney Pixar Finding Dory Essential Collection, £14.99, Published by DK, dk.com Copyright © 2016 Disney Enterprises, Inc. and Pixar Animation Studios. All rights reserved.)
- Preschool Sticker Activity Book – I have specifically included this book as we love it! I find it hard sometimes to find good activity books specifically for Little Man’s age and this is perfect. The activities are all doable for ages 3-4. You can grab on Amazon for £7.99.
- Mini Monster Bags Craft Bags – Sometimes there are just too many toys over the festive period and these bags offer a slightly different gift. Full of everything they need to make specific crafts this is a lovely gift from Mini Monster BagsMini Monster Bags (£10) for kids and parents to do together.
- #GetYourStripes Alder Hey Pyjamas – Who doesn’t love a Christmas PJ? These stripey ones from Matalan (£8) would be great in a Christmas Eve box. They get better though; 100% of the profits made from them go to Alder Hey Childrens Hospital and they do adult ones too!!
- Peppa Pig Campervan Alphaphonics Board – Like I said, I do like an educational toy but the key to a good one is the kids not knowing they are learning! This Alphaphonics board from Argos is perfect for preschoolers who are just starting to learn their phonics and it has the added fun of Peppa Pig. There are games and different activities to do including finding the picture or finding the letter. This is £19.99 to buy and after using one I think it is a bargain. An added bonus, unlike others this toy actually pronounces the phonics in the same way that the kids are learning at school.
- Fisher Price Code-a-pillar – This gift is for the slightly older end of the preschool age range and is also the more pricey side (49.99 from Argos) however I think it is fab. Once our preschoolers go to school they will be learning about programming and sequencing and this is a great way to introduce to them. All they have to do is set up different sequences to make the caterpillar do what they want it to and move how they want it to. Santa will be delivering this to our little man and I think he will love using it.
- My Encyclopedia of Very Important Things – If your 4 year old is anything like mine they will be little sponges. Little Man wants to learn learn learn and he asks a million questions a day to make sure he can. This book is perfect for the preschool age group and is colourful, engaging and inspiring. There are all sorts of fun exciting facts about all sorts of things including countries and vehicles. I love this; it’s from DK and costs £14.99. (My Encyclopedia of Very Important Things, £14.99, Published by DK, dk.com)
So there we are, is there anything on here that will be going on the Christmas list?
This post contains some sponsored items, however I wouldn’t have included them if I wouldn’t buy them for my own kids. All prices were correct at the time of publishing. As always all opinions are my own.