Granny’s Cheese Stars Recipe with ‘I Just Love It’
When it comes to baking my Mum is an expert. She has amazing skills and what she can’t make out of icing isn’t worth making! One of the things she and Little Man love to do together is bake so when I Just Love It sent us some baking equipment I knew my Mum would be in her element. I Just Love It are a personalised gift company. I am a huge fan of personalised gifts; I love to make something that bit extra special and I Just Love It did not disappoint. As it’s coming up to Christmas my Mum has been doing some festive baking with Little Man, one of them being Cheese Stars. Think cheese straws but in a star shape. These scrummy treats are so easy to make and the perfect snack for over Christmas or on a buffet. Here’s how to make them.
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of White Pepper/Mustard Powder
- 50g Margarine
- 75g Mature Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1 Medium Egg (beaten)
- Heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and grease a baking tray.
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper/mustard and rub in the margarine.
- Stir in the cheese and add enough egg to make a stiff dough.
- Roll out thinly and cut out stars.
- Place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool and eat!
- Find someone else to do the washing up!
Granny and Little Man had a great time baking (and eating) their cheese straws. They loved their personalised baking equipment making it that little bit extra special.
What Christmas bakes have you done so far this year?