*Runs in* I’m back!! Happy New Year! Okay so it’s 5 days into the new year but no more lazy mornings took a bit of getting used to! I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas; it feels like a lifetime ago now! I do like a bit of reflection at the beginning of the year so I thought I would share my top 10 most read posts from 2016. I thought twice about doing this post to be honest as it contains some sad memories but this was my year and in a way it sums it all up beautifully. So here we go.
10. Postnatal Anxiety – My Experience – I wrote this post just under two years ago now and it is still one of my most read. Suffering from anxiety after having Little Man was a really dark time and I am so glad that I found the courage to share my experience as I know how comforting it is to go online and see that you’re not the only one going through it. I am so glad it has helped so many people.
9. Argh! We’re Having Twins – Wow, to look back at this post now is crazy. I had no idea what was to come over the next few months.
8. PNA & Me – Practical Ways to Help a Friend with Postnatal Anxiety – I wrote this post with my friends in mind and got together everything that my friends had done for me to ease my anxiety. Sometimes watching someone you love going through something like this is as bad as suffering with it yourself. Knowing ways which actually help can really do both you and your friend some good.
7. A Letter to a New Neonatal Mum – After 9 weeks visiting Little Lady in Neonatal I wrote this to help other Mums when facing Neonatal for the first time. The lack of control and loss you feel when you don’t take your baby straight home is just awful and again, I wanted other Mums to feel less alone.
6. A Double Announcement – This is the post I shared when we found out we were having twins. So sad now to look back on but part of our year all the same.
5. Let’s Catch Up – I took some time off blogging last year and this was my post updating everyone. It’s so nice that this was one of my most read because this is the reason I love my blog; people care and people followed our story sending us well wishes and love.
4. A Letter to My Little Girl – When I lost my baby girl I couldn’t talk about it, everyone so desperatly wanted me to and I needed to but I couldn’t find the words until one day when I dusted off my laptop.
3. Twin Pregnancy Diary – The First Trimester – My pregnancy with the twins was hard going; the morning sickness was on another level and in this post I share all my first trimester symptoms carrying twins.
2. The Moment When Time Stood Still – This isn’t an easy read for me to look back on but really this was the moment my year changed, my life changed and I changed.
1 A Bittersweet Announcement – The post that changed everything. I can’t thank everyone that reads my blog for their continued support last year when I shared our bittersweet news.
What a year it was. Now though with all these experiences I hope for a gentler 2017. Let’s do this!